2/26/2016

Total Redesign!

Wow! I can't believe how different this blog looks, can you? If you're reading this on your phone, you're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about. Scroll on down to the bottom and click the little link that says "View Web Version", and you'll see.

For a while I've been looking at that sidebar of mine and thinking I wanted it to feel more separated from the main body of the blog. I started tinkering, and wouldn't ya know it, I wound up completely demolishing the place and rebuilding brick-by-brick.

One thing you may notice is that I've integrated ads into the site. I know, I know, I'm a sellout. But the truth is, I've been planning to integrate limited ads since the beginning. Any blog with a decent amount of traffic would be foolish not to allow ads--it's pretty much free money. Maybe not a lot, but I'm a writer--I'm poor by definition.

In any case, you have my solemn word that I will never allow the ads on this site to become intrusive or annoying. I may bug you with my pop-ups, but that's just because I love you and want your support! I'll never let an ad come between us. If you ever feel that my ads have become annoying, contact me, and I'll fix it! I'd rather nix them all than have even one annoy my readers.

Aside from that, the changes I've made are purely cosmetic, and I'm feeling pretty good about them. The sidebar feels more separate, alright. And yet everything else feels more integrated. The logo is a lot cleaner and more modern. I've corrected some spacing and formatting inconsistencies that became apparent once I applied my new template, and the whole thing is brighter and easier to read.

At least, that's my opinion. What do you think?  I'm eager to get some feedback from my loyal readers. Drop me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment